• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hood moulding contour?

NoCar340

Reaction score
I recently decided to install a T/A hood on my Challenger. The question I have is regarding the hood moulding. I'm aware of the T/A-specific unit due to the width difference, but my car is a '74 so the matching "mouldings" on the leading edges of the fenders are actually part of the grille surround. Obviously, there were multiple changes in the hood moulding itself with model changes, the '72-'74 part being painted body color, but did the contour or profile itself change? My plan was to just purchase a repro part and paint it to match the hood (the car will be black too) but if the shape is different, that's the kind of detail that will drive me up a tree--even if nobody else catches it. I don't want to pop for the repro just to compare, only to discover it's different. I'll rework one of my originals to fit the T/A hood if that's the case.

Anyone know the answer offhand?

marks ebody

Reaction score
Hope this helps you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 145

NoCar340

Reaction score
Thanks, Mark!

I don't mean to be a pain, but is there any way you could get an end shot of it, from the edge of the hood view? That would give me a good comparison to my header panel.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Thank you, Mark. That's what I need to see! Now I can go see what my header panel looks like and figure out which moulding to use.

NoCar340

Reaction score
As a follow-up to this, the contour or profile of the hood moulding is a bit different on the '72-'74 cars as compared to the '70 (I can't speak for '71). It's one of those slight differences that probably 99% of people would never notice, but would drive me straight up a tree.

So instead, I'm going to drive myself straight up a tree trying to make the '72-up moulding fit the T/A hood--which hasn't got a mounting flange for it.

Back