• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to remove old ignition switch.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently bought a floor shift steering column and tried to take the ignition switch that I have keys for and out it in the column I don't have keys for. Anyone got a step by step or pictures showing how the hell to take the switch out if you don't have keys. I have the WHOLE column apart and I'm afraid I'll break something trying to jerk it out but I don't see what's holding it in.

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi CaseyCuda, I've learned lots from this guy. His name and web site is Installing Ignition Switch in Column of Dodge Challenger, James freddys MUSCLE CARS & HOT RODS Episode 186. It's on YouTube, It will help, not step by step, but it shows some of the job. There is a book on eBay that is a shop manual, a little pricie, has a step by step of all maintance performed on the Dodge Challenger, I have this book and have it out reading it weekly, it's for 1973 Dodge car lines. Good luck

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Hey thanks man I have been busy getting the car back and putting in frame ties. So the steering column is on back burnered but thanks for the info once I get back to interior I'll be using it.

Code3

Reaction score
I have a steering column re-build pdf I got from another user. It's very detailed. PM you email and I'll send it to you.

Back