• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How will the value of the car be affected.

01freeman

Reaction score
I purchased a challenger for $750 yesterday. It is rusty and for now it is a parts car if i decide to fix it how will the value be affect from the following. The dash VIN is there and the door sticker and title can be replaced, the number on the radiator support are there and visible but the numbers on the cowl are too rusty to tell, the area is completely rusted out. How will this affect the car value not having the cowl numbers but every other number is there.
Thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
If the vin decodes as a 70 or 71 6 pak or hemi car, you will needs lots of documentation to prove it heritage. Unless the vin decodes as something very desirable, it will probably remain a parts car . Post some pictures.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You bought the A66 car? It is what it is and I would say a car that is rusted to that extent that gets restored to as new condition and is missing the #s on the cowl will not affect the value of the car. With todays tech these restos are so well documented with pics of the whole process and you fully disclose everything that was done to the car to potential buyers you can't be faulted for it. It wouldn't, however, be worth the same as the identicle restored car that wasn't as bad off to begin with or in other words one that retains more of its original metal. Just my 2 cents, others may not agree.

01freeman

Reaction score
No i didnt buy the $3000 car. i bought a rusted out one with all the lights trim and interior for another rust free one.

Back