1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

I Almost bid on this Cuda Post Mortem

Mopar General Discussions

1. ToddMcF200

ToddMcF200 Member

4039DD33-46D0-456D-B1B5-0AF1818C0FDB.jpeg I’m curious what people think of this. It went for $14,600 at the last moment. It was a B5 Blue 73 Cuda with a 4 Speed. Metal looked clean but the interior was gutted & caged and converted to automatic. There is no way to know how much work it would be to put a real dash & Interior back in and what was cut. Custom front and rear valance would have to go. Bumper supports shortened. 2 scoops missing. Wheel wells cut? Undercarriage looked perfect though. Worth $14,600?

2. aussiemark

aussiemark Well-Known Member

Looks interesting maybe good restomod base disc brake rear end, what engine was in it?

3. DetMatt1

DetMatt1 Well-Known Member

It’s ok accept for the ugly wheels and the ridiculous stripe. Oh and what did they do with the wheelhouse?

6F7B77DC-8990-4EC2-83BD-49F235A3E871.png

4. aussiemark

aussiemark Well-Known Member

Can't understand why someone would waste their time and money vandalizing and devaluing a classic like this, must be drug related.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ToddMcF200

ToddMcF200 Member

I’m not sure why they did it. If I bought it it would have been for the clean shell and good tag. The wheelhouse was a huge concern I had. The metal work was skillful but this guy’s creation was obviously a terrible idea and the auction proved that.

6. paharamia

paharamia Well-Known Member

When someone resto-mods a car like that, it is either their dream idea of what a car should look like and be, or they think they will make a killing at the auctions for their creation.
    Personally, I don't think it would be for me; at my age, I want to maintain some dignity (body stripes-ugh). I'm sure the seller got burned on what he had into that car.
    Dino2 (1).gif

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1