• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I could use some help with a door window install

valkman

Reaction score
I took my car out today to wash and when I tried to close the window it wouldn't go up. Upon closer inspection I noticed that both the front guides had come loose. I was trying to reattached them but can't get the stud to come out enough on the top guide to fasten the nut.
20170722_110440_resized.jpg

Also I do not how all these parts I found on the bottom of the inner door
20170722_110534_resized.jpg

I'm planning on consulting the service mannual, but I thought I'd put it out there if anyone has some tricks that might help

Last edited:

Reaction score
First of all what year is your car. 70 and some early 71 cars had square or rectangular door slides, 71 and up had round slides. I recall they don't attach to the window the same. The speed nut in your picture is wrong for the door slide plastic pieces that attach to the window. Someone has been in there and lost the proper "nut" and possibly other pieces of the window attaching parts. Start with the service manual, and maybe think about pulling the opposite side door panel to have a look, maybe it hasn't been apart so you can see the correct parts.
Some one else on this site may have a door apart with pictures they can share. Good luck Ken

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I agree with 704406 - Challenger? 'Cuda? What year? I have lots of photos of the window assemblies in my T/A as well as service manual pics. I will be glad to help if we are talking about the same year car...

Back