• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I made this for my Challenger whatcha think?

Tbone416

Reaction score
Thanks for checking this out
20210812_145844.jpg
20210812_145849.jpg
20210812_145914.jpg
20210812_150451.jpg
20210812_150501.jpg

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Very nice. Do they only fit an E body column? Thanks. Kim

Mike73Dodge

Reaction score
Nice idea, good looking part.
As part of my total rebuild I pulled and disassembled all this. I may be pulling it all again because I don't like the production flexible joint cover plate.
Here's a couple of questions.
Did you have any trouble connecting to the steering gear splined shaft? I don't think mine lines up exactly, with this needle bearing the outer column and shaft would be forced to be concentric. Did you have to shim or flex something at the firewall to get things lined up?
Did you have to machine down the shaft to a specific diameter?
Thanks.

Tbone416

Reaction score
Nice idea, good looking part.
As part of my total rebuild I pulled and disassembled all this. I may be pulling it all again because I don't like the production flexible joint cover plate.
Here's a couple of questions.
Did you have any trouble connecting to the steering gear splined shaft? I don't think mine lines up exactly, with this needle bearing the outer column and shaft would be forced to be concentric. Did you have to shim or flex something at the firewall to get things lined up?
Did you have to machine down the shaft to a specific diameter?
Thanks.
I just polished the stock shaft There is a little movement at the firewall Is in the stock mounting plate As far as Found on my 72 challenger There's no alignment issues It works exactly exactly like the plastic stock lower bearing would work

Tbone416

Reaction score
If anyone would like to PM me I would be glad to give my telephone number and talk in detail to answer any questions that I can possibly answer

Back