• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I need 360 Magnum dipstick help

Tom Frost

Reaction score
Have a 95 5.9 magnum from a Ram 1500 truck. Installed it in my 1973 Challenger with a center sump Moroso 4 qt. pan from Mancini Racing. The stock truck dipstick is way long. Does anybody know what 360 Magnum CAR dipstick (factory stock pan size) will work for me? Will the LA 360 dipstick work? Thanks, guys.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Basically the distance from the top of the tube to the top of the oil should be the same so I would just trim off the dipstick you have assuming the dipstick inserts into the same original tube .
f that doesn't work you can drain the pan , measure 4 qts back into the engine , 5 with the filter change & mark the dipstick .

moparleo

Reaction score
Agree that the best and most accurate way is to start empty. Fill with the proper amount of oil including the filter. Start and run it for a few minutes. Take a reading on the stick and etch the full level. Also make a secondary mark for the new add level. Done all the time when aftermarket parts get installed. The only other option is to get the info from Moroso.
Moroso Contact Us
Mancini Racing "Raw" Oil Dipstick

Tom Frost

Reaction score
Agree that the best and most accurate way is to start empty. Fill with the proper amount of oil including the filter. Start and run it for a few minutes. Take a reading on the stick and etch the full level. Also make a secondary mark for the new add level. Done all the time when aftermarket parts get installed. The only other option is to get the info from Moroso.
Moroso Contact Us
Mancini Racing "Raw" Oil Dipstick
Thanks. did what you guys suggested. It is right now. Thanks alot

Tom Frost

Reaction score
Basically the distance from the top of the tube to the top of the oil should be the same so I would just trim off the dipstick you have assuming the dipstick inserts into the same original tube .
f that doesn't work you can drain the pan , measure 4 qts back into the engine , 5 with the filter change & mark the dipstick .
Thanks. Did what you said. It's perfect now.

Back