• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I need a picture of the bottom of a 4 speed car

69hemibeep

Reaction score
I'm doing a 4 speed conversion on a 72 Challenger and would like to see the size of the hole. The floor hump is rather long and was wondering how much material has to come out.

Adam

Reaction score
Do you have the replacement 4 spd hump? Don’t get ahead of yourself if you don’t have it. If you do have it, use it as a template. There needs to be some overlap so you can drill small holes (1/4 or 5/16) in the trans tunnel flange and plug weld it to the floor; like spot welds. I believe this will give you the strongest floor. Then apply seam sealer.

rklein71

Reaction score
This is not a picture of a stock cut out but a picture of the floor I cut. I basically laid down the hump and outlined the hump and then cut an inch or so to the center of the my marks. I stitch welded every couple inches an inch long bead and then seam sealed it. I also filed down the sharp edges to I wouldn't cut myself when I worked underneath the car. Rod

IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I did a B-body but they only need room for the shift mechanism, much smaller hole.

69hemibeep

Reaction score
That's most likely cleaner than the factory did it, nice! And thanks

Back