• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

in need of technical data sheet (73 Challenger)

hive77

Reaction score
I am an Austrian, I have restored a Challenger from 1973.
The vehicle has never been registered in Austria, now I have to present the vehicle to the state inspection office to get a historical registration.
(This is the only way to register the vehicle in Austria, unfortuntaley the officials here in Austria are very accurate).
My problem is that I have German and Polish vehicle documents in which the technical data contradict each other.
Does anyone have a copy of a Dodge datasheet for a (1973 340cui 3spd auto trans, no RT) Dodge Challenger which they can send me?
I found a French spec sheet, but the technical data is very poor.
I would also be grateful if someone could send me a copy of a title.
I have to prove the correct technical vehicla data.

Thank you in advance!
Ingo

70chall440

Reaction score
What "technical data sheet" are you referring to? All the technical information you need is contained in the FSM which can be downloaded here Service Manuals – MyMopar

As to a copy of a title, maybe someone will send you one but normally most people will not share that because in the US the title = ownership and there have been many cases of fraud. Someone with good computer skills could in theory make a duplicate title and claim ownership or use it to make a new car out of a wrecked car. Point being is that typically most people are very wary of sharing a copy of a vehicle title but more to the point where is the title you should have received with the car?

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
There is a ton of data available on-line or in print. You’ll have to be more specific.

hive77

Reaction score
the original us title will be withdrawn when a vehicle is first registered in europe, so it is no longer available to me.
I also do not know whether technical data are noted in a us title, I have never seen such a document.
i think the owners manual could get the information, could someone send me a copy?
it must be an official Chrysler/Dodge document from 1973, like brochure with full technical data, us title from near similar car, Chrysler/Dodge service manual from 1973 (no new reprint).

axle load
dimensions
wheel tire size
fuel consumtion
motor data
hp from 340cui at ...rmp
max. passenger
loudness at rmp in db

DetMatt1

Reaction score
the original us title will be withdrawn when a vehicle is first registered in europe, so it is no longer available to me.
I also do not know whether technical data are noted in a us title, I have never seen such a document.
i think the owners manual could get the information, could someone send me a copy?
it must be an official Chrysler/Dodge document from 1973, like brochure with full technical data, us title from near similar car, Chrysler/Dodge service manual from 1973 (no new reprint).

axle load
dimensions
wheel tire size
fuel consumtion
motor data
hp from 340cui at ...rmp
max. passenger
loudness at rmp in db
I have an original factory service manual set available. I'm not sure where you’ll find more of that info in one book.

Attachments

• 2C116C1E-D758-4810-B7D3-999398BC3D4D.jpeg
    2C116C1E-D758-4810-B7D3-999398BC3D4D.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 23C58DBA-5B46-45A5-AC45-C4D027E1BDBE.jpeg
    23C58DBA-5B46-45A5-AC45-C4D027E1BDBE.jpeg
    691.7 KB · Views: 149

NoCar340

Reaction score
I have literally every piece of factory documentation for the '73 Challenger 340 I had in 1988, including the dealer's trade-in sheet and MSO. The horsepower, fuel economy and noise measurements are not shown anywhere in that paperwork. The Consumer Information sheet does show 60MPH braking distances (normal service brakes, emergency brake, and service brake with loss of power assist) as well as tire sizes and inflation, and low- (20-35MPH) and high-speed (50-80MPH) passing distances and times. However, that sheet is specific to the VIN number of my old car, not your current one. I'm not sure whether your authorities would accept it.

Axle loads were provided on the door VIN decal in 1973. That's another mixed blessing: They are available, but once again they are connected directly to a specific VIN. The individual tire loads were provided on the tire decal. Those are available as inexpensive reproductions. Click here for examples, but they're available through many vendors. The decals are specific to OE tire size.

U.S. noise measurements were done as a "drive-by" measurement, not a stationary one. For example, "At steady 65MPH from a distance of 50', noise is XXX dB". The standards required multiple measurements, both steady-state and accelerative, and California had its own rules (as one would expect). You might be able to find the 1973 limits online under either emissions laws or Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Those wouldn't provide specific measurements for your car, but you could potentially present "does not exceed" measurements.

70chall440

Reaction score
As stated, I do not think you will find all the data you need from any one source. I realize that the title will be consumed through the registration process but you should have the original which can be photocopied. If it is already gone, the person you bought the car from should be able to get another one from his/her local DMV.

moparleo

Reaction score
Sounds like you needed the info directly from the vehicle manufacturer for your " specific vehicle". Like the original title.
There has to have been someone else in your country who has gone through this same set of Hoops to jump through. You must have a form or legal document on what you need. Send a copy of that.
You need to get local to assistance from someone local to you. Long distance legal help is not the way to go.
You are going to need to do more legwork on your end.

Culvers

Reaction score

volunteer

Reaction score
Legal ownership indicating S.N. and having that number stamped on usual metalwork, plus correct dash tag would (should) be enough. Data/fender tag almost mandatory and Build Sheet a huge bonus. FSM's don't mean anything except how to repair 'this and that'.

Back