• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Input on CPP brakes

Litchkar

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on anyone who has used the CPP Front brake kits. I have SSBC on it now and not impressed with the stopping power. I have a dual diaphragm booster and Willwood master. Engine puts out 16” of vacuum. Their kit looks like the factory sliding single piston design and uses factory replacement parts. I would appreciate any first hand knowledge.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
what diameter is your master , I have had problems getting enough stopping power with Willood masters in the past.
Using a hydroboost might solve the issue alsi if you have power steering

Litchkar

Reaction score
It has a 1 1/16 master. The SSBC are a 4 piston caliber based on 1967 mustang design

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I will not pretend to be able to solve this for you but there is a science to this & on one car we went from 6 pistons , 1 in each caliper & 2 in each rear wheel cyl , to 20 pistons 6 in each front caliper & 4 in each rear & the stopping power dropped to virtually zero . You have gone from 6 to 12 pistons & simply do not have enough pressure now , Hydro boost would fix your problem assuming you have power steering you can connect into .

Back