• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Installing complete front frame and aprons

Craig J

Reaction score
If anyone has experience / suggestions about installing complete front frame and aprons I would really appreciate your comments.

IMG_1704.JPG

moparleo

Reaction score
Are you talking about the front frame rails ( there is no frame) and inner fenders, radiator support, (top part holds the vin number id) etc?
Basically everything from the firewall forward ?

Craig J

Reaction score
Are you talking about the front frame rails ( there is no frame) and inner fenders, radiator support, (top part holds the vin number id) etc?
Basically everything from the firewall forward ?
yes, and under the floor pan back to the crossmember.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Was it hit or rusted? Or you just want something to do? Last picture is a blank.measure before you start you repair. Are you doing one side at a time or both?

challenger frame dimensions DATUM.jpg

Challenger frame specs1.jpg

36000.gif

challenger frame blank.jpg

Last edited:

Craig J

Reaction score
surprisingly almost no rust, but unfortunately hit in front somehow in the past that buckled/collapsed both rails bad enough that I could never bring myself to sell it if I didn't replace them both.
Thank you for the dimensions to check... that will help a lot.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
1st one is passenger side 2nd is driver side. From rear to front center to center of hub.or from rim to rim.
3rd passenger side 4th driver side. This is a challenger.
20161003_114352.jpg

challenger driver side p.png

challenger pass p.png

challenger dr side.png

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
In for a penny in for a pound now. You cut off the inner fender braces.that would help you locate the inner fenders. leave the rest alone until you get others.get a Blair spot weld cutter and cut the spot weld on the floor to the frame. keep the core support intact it will help line the front up.There again remove whats left of the frame. top of radiator support has vin stamped on it. You will have to support the car from the rocker panels or the torsion bar member to remove the rest.

Back