• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Interior color question?

Bama-man

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice I have a 70 Barracuda interior color is Saddle brown seats, carpet and dash pad, Car paint color is Rallye Red. I am repainting the dash frame should it be black to match the steering column or saddle to match the dash pad, also I have no trim code plate on the car not sure how it looked from the factory. Another question is should I match the convertible top to the interior or should I go black to match the hockey stick 440 emblems and black fin on the trunk lid ?

IMG_3013[1].JPG

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
1970 Challengers with rally gauges had a color matched steering column. Standard gauge package had a black steering column. Not sure if this was the case for Barracudas. Red car with tan interior? I'd go with a white top, although I'm partial to the white top. Only white or black tops available in 1970 on e-bodies.

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
Agree on the steering column, and the dash frame always matched the color of the dash pad, regardless of which gauges it had. (See pictures). I think too the white top would be the way to go.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 176

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Green vinyl tops were also available on 1970 E-bodies. Also Mod Tops were available on 1970 Cuda's and Barracuda's. Steve Juliano had a 1970 Hemi Cuda, F8 green with a mod top. It was stolen out of his home garage in 2016. I don't know if it was recovered.
This thread is discussing convertible tops.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Several more pictures of Saddle Tan interiors on 1970 Cudas.
First picture is H6T5 Vinyl Seats, next two are PRT5 Leather Seats.
Note these Cudas are all Rallye instruments where the column matches the interior color.

Barracuda 1970 H6T5 Tan Interior.jpg
PRT5 BS23R0B211144 (2).jpg
PRT5 BS23R0B211144.jpg

Last edited:

louiej611

Reaction score
The white top looks so great on the Challenger, but you do know that it's illegal to drive one of those cars to drive it with the top up, LOL. I have a 70 and 71 Challenger convertible with white tops.

Back