• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Interior E Body plastic panels

193rdsow

Reaction score
need some advise before spending $$$$. I was told that Classic Industries bought the molds from metro for E Body door panels. I called and spoke with several individuals from Classic Industries but never got a confident answer. There are two different types of panels. The injection molded ABS only comes in black and white. These are made overseas by Jesse Lai. The vacuum formed panels come in a variety of colors, are a lot more expensive, but are made by Dash Tops. Has anyone installed either of these panels recently and if so, could you describe the quality of the panels? Same question also goes for the seat backs, rear panel and kick panel.

Thanks!

moparleo

Reaction score
The originals were made of polypropylene plastic and are flexible. The ABS are hard and stiff (no jokes). The poly feel and look just like the original but with current technology chemical compounds that won't flake or turn to powder. These have been dyed different colors using black panels successfully for years with the right high quality dyes. SEM is one of these and there are others. Check Roseville.
70-74 Challenger Door Trim Panels Black
If you like my post, please give me a "like" on the lower right of the post. Thanks

Last edited:

193rdsow

Reaction score
The originals were made of polypropylene plastic and are flexible. The ABS are hard and stiff (no jokes). The poly feel and look just like the original but with current technology chemical compounds that won't flake or turn to powder. These have been dyed different colors using black panels successfully for years with the right high quality dyes. SEM is one of these and there are others. Check Roseville.
70-74 Challenger Door Trim Panels Black
Thanks for the tip!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I bought my mine form Ledgendary fit and look nice , not sure of their manufacturer 4years ago.

BSG

Reaction score
I just installed the LT side on mine bought from classic I bought the more expensive set of the 2 they offer. It fit as good as the original and appeared to be made from the same type of plastic? I'm no polymer expert for sure. the one problem I did encounter was the tits on the finish panel were not long enough for those cheap self threading nuts to grab. I broke out the small angle grinder and thinned the area down and was able to get most if not all on and tight. It looks great

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I just installed the LT side on mine bought from classic I bought the more expensive set of the 2 they offer. It fit as good as the original and appeared to be made from the same type of plastic? I'm no polymer expert for sure. the one problem I did encounter was the tits on the finish panel were not long enough for those cheap self threading nuts to grab. I broke out the small angle grinder and thinned the area down and was able to get most if not all on and tight. It looks great
I encountered the same problem. After a couple weeks and closing the door the piece fell off on to the seat. Had to do exactly what you did, had forgotten about that.

Back