• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

INTERIOR PANEL'S

Big AL

Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE BEEN REDOING THE INTERIOR ON MY 70 CHALLENGER R/T
I HAVE ALREADY DONE THE CARPETING THE HEADLINER AND THE UPHOLSTERY THE ONLY THING LEFT IS
ALL THE DOOR PANELS AND REAR SIDE QUARTER PANELS AND REAR TOP SPEAKER PANEL TO COMPLETE THE
INTERIOR !! MY QUESTION IS WHERE CAN I FIND ALL THE PANEL'S I NEED TO COMPLETE THE JOB

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP. BIG AL.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Do not try to save money here!

Make sure you're getting injection-molded parts, rather than vacuum-formed. There is a dramatic price difference, and it's well worth it. The vacuum-formed parts have very little grain, and look a lot like a very-small version of the smooth side of bubble wrap. The injection-molded parts are gorgeous... they're not as shiny as what we're used to seeing, primarily because they haven't got 50 years of wear on them yet. The previous owner of my Challenger had bought a pair of vacuum-formed kick panels. They were so bad I threw them in the trash. I would've felt bad taking money for them, or letting someone put them in a car. They're literally that bad.

I bought mine from Year One. They e-mail me 30% discount codes at least once a week so I saved over $150. I told the guy on the phone they were being picked up and needed to be boxed for the ride, then had a friend in the area pick them up and ship them at about 1/5th of what Year One charges. You can also throw a tirade on the phone about shipping costs (trust me, they're used to it--I used to work there) and they'll drop it a bunch.

Rons340

Reaction score
if your interior parts are in good condition you might want to consider what I done, paint them. SEM part number 39143 is an exact match. Also, be sure you use their wet-on-wet adhesion promoter part number 38363 so you won't have any issues down the road. There's nothing like original!

Big AL

Reaction score
if your interior parts are in good condition you might want to consider what I done, paint them. SEM part number 39143 is an exact match. Also, be sure you use their wet-on-wet adhesion promoter part number 38363 so you won't have any issues down the road. There's nothing like original!
Ron that sounds like a great idea !! Yeah they are in good shape I think I'll go that route
Thanks for that idea.

1611178355115.png

Rons340

Reaction score
That panel looks great in the photo! Please keep in mind do not scuff or sand. This will destroy the grain. Simply prep with soap and water only and it will turn out great.

Reaction score
Are the panels chaulky at all? If you lightly run your finger nail over it, does it flake off? Not sure the paint will solve that

Rons340

Reaction score
Are the panels chaulky at all? If you lightly run your finger nail over it, does it flake off? Not sure the paint will solve that
That's true. If they are deteriorated to that point they would not be worth saving.

Back