• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Jesse James from Kansas City 71 baracuda

JesseJames

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am Jesse from Kansas City. I got a very solid 71 Barracuda. Doing a Cuda clone. Car was kind of a running driving car when got it (few weeks ago) Basically it needs everything. I am starting with the body work. Going yellow (need help finding the color yellow) Got a Gull wing and a rear window louver from DalesCudaShop. picking up a 72 challenger front sway bar this week. Ordered a 70-71 rallye gauge cluster off ebay this week.

68998628127__7AC00763-A7EF-4D18-927C-3390A93320B9.jpg

68999815494__380D21E6-FE6B-412F-A2EE-A606CE65740A.jpg

JesseJames

Reaction score
I like keeping my cars as original as possible, but on this yellow i want to go with something else. Citron is too green and Top-Bananna is kind of dirty Bla. I want a bright yellow, like this picture. I know pictures don't represent what they look like in real life, but i want something that looks like this one does. One of my friends said "he remember a corvette yellow that cuda guys would use"

yellow cuda.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Sounds like a fun project.

Someone posted a pic of a bright yellow Challenger on here just the other day.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas Jesse! Looks like a good project. So many shades of yellow, look at house of Kolor too.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Here's a yellow on my son's 71. Seems like it was a 1994 Dodge Viper Yellow paint we ordered.
Terry W.

Challenger Differences 1.jpg

Psgr Door Mirror 1.jpg

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Jesse,

Welcome aboard!
A couple things:
Dodge and Plymouth had the same colors in reality, but they called them different names. The color on the sample cuda you attached is "Curious Yellow" in Plymouth speak, paint code GY3. It is the same as "Citron Yella" in Dodge terminology; which by the way is not greenish like the color placard seems to indicate.

I am ground up restoring mu cuda also, old pic attached (color is Curious Yellow).

If you are interested, I will swap my original dual scoop hood for your flat hood if interested?

Jeff

Cuda 2008 002.jpg

JesseJames

Reaction score
Jesse,

Welcome aboard!
A couple things:
Dodge and Plymouth had the same colors in reality, but they called them different names. The color on the sample cuda you attached is "Curious Yellow" in Plymouth speak, paint code GY3. It is the same as "Citron Yella" in Dodge terminology; which by the way is not greenish like the color placard seems to indicate.

I am ground up restoring mu cuda also, old pic attached (color is Curious Yellow).

If you are interested, I will swap my original dual scoop hood for your flat hood if interested?

Jeff

View attachment 99591
Hey Jeff,
thanks for the info. I really like the color of yours "curious" but sometimes i see curious and they look different. I don't know. Thanks for the offer to trade, but i would like to do a shaker conversion to it. I thought SixPack Performance was going to get back into the business of making shaker hoods, but i don't think they are. I am hoping to find someone who is really good with a bead roller to help me make the joggle and make a shaker hood.

make shaker hood with bead roller.jpg

Back