• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Just a place to document small changes to my 70 Challenger R/T

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Bought a little while back. Hopefully this is the right place to ask questions and post pics as I make this car my own. So far new tires, wheels, gas cap, fluids, and belts.
20210321_153948.jpg
20210321_125436.jpg
20210415_201653.jpg

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Rear is still on jack stands and front hasn't settled yet. Curious how it will look on the ground, need to reseal axle and fix a wheel stud.
20210415_195016.jpg
20210416_171140.jpg

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
383, auto, ps, pb (need work), planning upgraded radiator and ac before cruising the coast to keep myself and my wife comfortable.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Does it have a fender tag? I used to own similar to that but it was originally b5 blue

70chall440

Reaction score
Nice looking car, appears to be EK2 Go Mango? My 70 Challenger was pretty close to yours; EK2 (now EV2 Hemi Orange) but mine is a 440 AT PS PB AC car. Lots of changes on my car (has a EFI 6 pack now) but have owned it since 02/03.

IMG_0005lg.JPG

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Yes has fender tag I'll post a pic this weekend. No idea on current color, but once I save up it will go back to correct ev2.

Thanks for kind words. Needs a carb rebuild next, having flooding issues. But first drive to dinner with my wife tonight was successful so that's a win!

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Had a few pics on my phone I remembered. Gas station was first drive since purchase.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

Say, that's a nice box!​

I picked one up and no tray.When you get a chance can you post a picture of the tray. I dont know if it came with one. About the color I puts me in mind of a vette color? might be the lighting.

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Mine came with a tray but by the time I got done loading it, tray doesn't fit. It's lighter than all the vette oranges I've seen.

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Need a little help from the wisdom of the board.

1. Can you swap a 383 cam in frame?
2. Anyway to identify valve springs in frame?
3. Best radiator to swap in to keep cool while adding ac? Currently 22" copper small leak.

Car has to much cam for my goals, only 7 in of vacuum after tuning etc. Looking for something more cruiser based to support the power brakes and future ac.

70chall440

Reaction score
Need a little help from the wisdom of the board.

1. Can you swap a 383 cam in frame?
2. Anyway to identify valve springs in frame?
3. Best radiator to swap in to keep cool while adding ac? Currently 22" copper small leak.

Car has to much cam for my goals, only 7 in of vacuum after tuning etc. Looking for something more cruiser based to support the power brakes and future ac.
1. Yes (need to remove the radiator)
2. probably not unless they are marked in some way. You can remove/replace them in the car using an air hose and applying pressure into the cylinder to keep the valves up (check youtube for videos)
3. this is a debatable subject for sure but assuming everything else is good (not too much compression, stockish cam, good T-stat, flushed block, factory fan and shroud) then you can probably just get your 22" recored or replace it with another 22". You do not need to spend the $1000+ on an big aluminum radiator and all that and unless you are going to open up the front of your radiator support going to a 26" isn't gaining you a lot not to mention they don't fit all that well (yes it can be made to fit but you still get 4" blocked off from the support).

YJ_Aaron

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm going to try some adjustable valve train as I think I'm having some issues that I want to verify before cam swap. I really just want to get this thing lined out so we can enjoy it, and it's getting closer by the day!

Appreciate all the support

Back