• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

K Member Fit

Challenger10

Reaction score
I’m going to be changing my 70 Challenger from a 318 to a 440 and I have found a B body big block K Member. Are the E Body and B Body K Members the same? Someone in the past has told me they were the same but I don’t trust that.
Thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
1971 and 1972 B body k frame is the same as E body. Earlier than 1971 B body k frames have a different steering box angle.

Challenger10

Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks for everyone’s help. I’m in pretty early stages on this thing so I’m sure I’ll be asking lots of questions, I’ve even thought about running the RMS system on it.

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
B-body K frames don't route the sway bar through the center of the K frame the way e body K frames do. So there is that difference. 318 and 440 ebody K frames are the same, but may or may not have a skid plate.

Mark Selby

Reaction score
70 b-body K-frame indeed has the sway bar running through the middle just like the E-body’s..... steering angle is different and angles the steering shaft more towards the drivers door which hopefully will benefit me with clearance with a Hemi.....

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would not recommend the RMS over the factory system , at least drive one before you buy .

Back