• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LCA Bushing Help

falcben

Reaction score
Seeking advice!

I am about to order bushings for my lower control arms. My pivot shafts are in great shape and so are the shells, is it okay to run the original shafts in poly bushings if I grease them correctly? Or do I need to order a kit with greaseable shafts?

moparleo

Reaction score
Just FYI, Poly bushings are great for handling and will last a long, long time, But they will also make noise. Using a poly friendly grease when installing will help but eventually they will get noisy again. Most people replace all of the bushings with poly except for the lowers. They will just go with rubber and replace them when needed. Much quieter.

340challconvert

Reaction score
My understanding is that when using poly bushings in the LCA's, you can leave the sleeve in the arm. The rubber bushings twist w the pivot shaft vs. the poly's rotate.
There was an article in Mopar Muscle awhile back about this. I'll see if I can find it.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
The bushing kit that I bought 20 years ago only has the LCA poly bushing & shaft sleeve, the instructions say to reuse the factory outer sleeve. And yes I finally found the time to install them.

Back