• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Leaning to the right.........

1bolt@atime

Reaction score
San Jose, CA (previously known as prune-ville)
I replaced my torsion bars along with ball joints, LCA bushings, upper control arms, tie rod ends, steering box, pitman arm and probably something else I am forgetting. Set it down and it is leaning right by about 4" difference in height on the front. I replaced/changed nothing in the rear. The torsion bars are new pst. The left side seems correct in height - 25" at wheel opening, so I pulled the right side and dropped the LCA to about 8 o'clock and backed the adjuster out all the way. It looked as if I would be able to 4 wheel in it after that. Pulled the bar back out and the next way to install is putting it right back down too low. I laid the bar on the floor, it has no clocking to it.
I guess my next move is to pull the left side bar and see if maybe it HAS clocking. Anyone ever run across this uneven front end height issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Glas86

Reaction score
Probably not your issue but a slight difference could happen if you torque down the LCA and UCA Bushings in different positions. You should always torque them down at ride height so there is no tension in the rubber while the car is standing.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I ran in to a similar problem when I rebuilt my front end
Replaced the stock T bars with replacement Mopar bars; going one step up (installing 440 bars in place of the standard issue HD 340 bars, 778-9 to 780-81)
Driver's side went in no problem
RT side I had to play with the clocking by moving the LCA up slightly. In doing this, the bar went in to the socket, but I lost all adjust ability with the t bar
I had to remove the rubber bump stop, loosen the bolts on the UCA, loosen the bolts of the LCA going through the k frame and play with the height of LCA to make it work. Not sure why one side when in like butter the and other side busted chops. Finally got the t bar to clock correctly where I had some adjustment leeway.

1bolt@atime

Reaction score
San Jose, CA (previously known as prune-ville)
Update - I pulled both bars and one bar was clocked the other was not.
F.Y.I. I bought these bars a couple of YEARS ago and never installed due to other issues I was working on the car with.
I contacted PST and sent them images of both bars sitting on the bench, showing the difference in clocking.
They got back to me quickly and told me to ship the bars back to them.
About a week later they sent me the same 1.03 bars with matching clocking.
Everything went together the way it should and I am a happy customer of PST.
Bottom line - it is nice when a company stands behind it's products. They could have easily said it was multiple years since my purchase and refused to replace them.
Thankfully they did not.
I will purchase products from them again, and recommend you do as well!

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I put PST 1.03 bars on a couple years ago and went on perfect and they work great with my big block. Still had the old 318 engine bars in it. Great to hear about PST helping you with your problem! :)

Back