• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LED change over

a68postcar

Reaction score
I am asking for input as to what mods other than bulbs must be made to do an entire LED change over. Thanks in advance. postcar

Adam

Reaction score
From what I have read you will probably need to change the turn signal flasher, as led bulbs don’t put enough of a load on the flasher.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I have seen special signal flashers with an extra wire coming out (earth) from memory or you can get load resistors that you wire in between the signal wire and the globe they need to be placed some where they can get air and away from things that can burn/melt because they get hot and you will need 2 one for each side.

a68postcar

Reaction score
I am doing a truck and we have done a full swap to LED. I am concerned about the T/S switch. I swear I saw a wisp of smoke slither out of the gap.

Steve340

Reaction score
I changed to LED bulbs and only had to change the indicator and hazard flasher units, no other wiring mods.
I had to try a few flasher units before I could get it all working though.

bc3j

Reaction score
I did a complete change over to LEDs and found my stock hazard flasher worked, but at a slower rate. I left it alone. Used a neutral polarity flasher for the turn signals and grounded it to the ash tray frame. That’s the only changes I made.

Back