• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Light bar lights stay on

KennyCuda

Reaction score
My rally cluster light bar lights are one all the time. It weird if i don't start the car they don't come on only when the headlights are on. If i start it they come on and stay on and the dimmer doesn't work either any ideas i have been working on the cluster and may of moved something

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
thinking ..... !!
Is the connector plugged into the orange triplug or the yellow one ?

KennyCuda

Reaction score
which connector the rally wire? where would that triple be behind the cluster?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the ralley lights have a orange lead that plugs into the orange try plug above the radio

KennyCuda

Reaction score
This is where my orange wire goes to that black receptacle then it looks like it comes back out. Also the back of the cluster worked on it today and no luck

KennyCuda

Reaction score
pic

IMG_6185.JPG

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The black tri plug has an orange wire going into it so it is plugged into the right place , maybe the other end is not connected to the correct terminal on the dimmer switch.
the black wire that feeds 3 gauges should be feeding a pulsing 5v to the gauges & then it grounds through the sender so you can also test for the pulsing 5 v atthe sender .

Last edited:

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Do you think a bad headlight switch or dimmer switch would cause the light to be on all the time?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Possible but I doubt it more likely it is getting power from the wrong place , connected incorrectly .
Power feeds through the light switch first & is fed to the dimmer os with the light switch off there should be no power to the dimmer & usually if a dimmer fails the do not work instead of remaining on .
Check the post above , I modified it , I can also call you and talk you through it if that helps .

Last edited:

KennyCuda

Reaction score
with the voltage limiter should there be 3 wires connected to it or just 2 mine has 3. One for power and the condenser a 3rd wire which i think is live. not sure if that right

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Its weird if you put the car on acc. and don't start it everything works as it should but since i start it the rally lights come on and done go off or dim.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
It worked fine a week ago but i went into the cluster to try and get may 3 gauges to work Oil Pressure, Gas and water temp. All it was the power lead fell off so i put it one and now this problem. I guess i could pull all the bulbs out of the ligh bar

KennyCuda

Reaction score
On that relay limiter the power is on the bottom then the condenser then the other wire on top if you looking at it from under the dash. so the power is closer to the floor and the condenser is in the middle and the other wit on top thats how mine is thinking maybe that wrong

Back