• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lights are flickering

Fer_

Reaction score
Hi guys..I have a 70 challenger with rally gauges .when I turn the head lights on they flicker alone with the dash lights..The car has a new alternator ,battery and voltage regulator..the only thing hooked up is the fuel gauge and speedometer because has a fitech efi and that shows everything else in the controller. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Hi guys..I have a 70 challenger with rally gauges .when I turn the head lights on they flicker alone with the dash lights..The car has a new alternator ,battery and voltage regulator..the only thing hooked up is the fuel gauge and speedometer because has a fitech efi and that shows everything else in the controller. Any help will be greatly appreciated
I have that exact issue with my 81 D150. My 85 W350 has it to but not nearly as bad. Been doing some research into wiring a relay with the voltage regualtor

rogue

Reaction score
there are a large number of potential issues with 45 year old wiring that can cause such issues... have you bypassed the ammeter? bulkhead disconnect clean and good contacts? headlights in stock configuration? (recommend running them off relays). 45 year old wires and connectors? Running a new EFI system... does your alternator put out enough amperage to run everything in the car (including modern audio equipment)? Are your grounds good?

That all is based on experience, i run a FITech system and have had all those issues with lights and charging, etc.... i made upgrades to fix them in both my cars and the electric systems in bot are as solid as any modern car.

Back