• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

longer shocks

Cratos

Reaction score
anyone have a part # for longer rear shocks for the taller super stock springs? I'm topping out the stock ones over bumps :(

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I used shocks made for early 70's Chrysler imperial as they are 1.5 to 2 inches longer that stock and made the the same as e bodies with no mods.

moparleo

Reaction score
Just make sure to not go too long. Bottom out is much more likely than topping out. Normally you would only top out going fast over some type of hump. Bottoming usually happens going too fast through a dip. Bottoming can break the shock and damage the cars shock mounts.

Cratos

Reaction score
called Mancine and ordered from them :) why I did not think of that yesterday i don't know

heminut

Reaction score
I used shocks made for early 70's Chrysler imperial as they are 1.5 to 2 inches longer that stock and made the the same as e bodies with no mods.
I did the same thing when I put SS springs in my Barracuda. I was working at a Car Quest at the time and had access to a parts book that had shocks listed by the end types and extended/collapsed length. I found the shock with the specific ends and length needed and it turned out they were C body shocks!

fasjac

Reaction score
Good information, it’s time for mine to be replaced.

Back