• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for a blower resistor-73 Barracuda

Dubya

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and came looking for a blower motor resistor. I'm working on a 73 Barracuda with no AC and I have yet to find one. Any ideas? I searched and found a member on here who looked to sell such parts and messaged, but maybe someone knows of a website or outfit that sells them?
Thanks,
Frank

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Frank, The Part you need is 2521409. There is a guy out east that has one on ebay. Gold plated though. He wants $115.00. They are not being reproduced as far as I know. I have one from a heater box I took out of a 73 parts car. I just tested it and it works fine on both speeds. I would take $20.00 for it. Here are a couple pics
100_7921.JPG
100_7922.JPG

Dubya

Reaction score
Frank, The Part you need is 2521409. There is a guy out east that has one on ebay. Gold plated though. He wants $115.00. They are not being reproduced as far as I know. I have one from a heater box I took out of a 73 parts car. I just tested it and it works fine on both speeds. I would take $20.00 for it. Here are a couple picsView attachment 35765 View attachment 35766
Thanks, I've got 3 speeds on this resistor and 3 coils on the back. The part number I removed is 3502570. The pin out is different than the pic's you posted. I appreciate the help.
Frank

sixpactogo

Reaction score
It looks like you have an A/C heater box. I thought you were after a Non A/C motor resistor. I will check for the 3 speed one. May have it.

Dubya

Reaction score
It looks like you have an A/C heater box. I thought you were after a Non A/C motor resistor. I will check for the 3 speed one. May have it.
You are correct. I went out and looked again, its got AC. I didn't look under the hood, but at the HVAC controls which are faded and not very readable. Big 'ol AC compressor up front and center.
Thanks,
Frank

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Frank,
I did not have that resistor. I did a little research on your part# and found it was superceeded by PN 3502736. Brads NOS claims to have 8 of them and their price is $55.00. Question......What makes you think yours has failed?

Moparparts

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and came looking for a blower motor resistor. I'm working on a 73 Barracuda with no AC and I have yet to find one. Any ideas? I searched and found a member on here who looked to sell such parts and messaged, but maybe someone knows of a website or outfit that sells them?
Thanks,
Frank
PM returned

chalenged

Reaction score
Frank, The Part you need is 2521409. There is a guy out east that has one on ebay. Gold plated though. He wants $115.00. They are not being reproduced as far as I know. I have one from a heater box I took out of a 73 parts car. I just tested it and it works fine on both speeds. I would take $20.00 for it. Here are a couple picsView attachment 35765 View attachment 35766
How do you test the resister

Back