• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

looking for a radiator

gtx71

Reaction score
Hello,
i have 1974 dodge challenger with a 1970 440 big block with functioning a.c.
i am looking to upgrade my radiator, the radiator that is in it now, has both the inlet and outlet on passenger side.

my water pump inlet in on the passenger also, does anyone have any ideas as to what radiator would work,

does anybody have any insight on this or pictures they can take of the radiator arrangement to save me from trial and error

thanks,

tony b

tonysrt

Reaction score
Most mopars had upper hose on drivers side. Since RB thermostat housing is vertical, hose can come from either side. I have 71 Cuda with a BeCool Radiator. Upper hose is on drivers side and lower is on passenger side. Be Cool is a little pricey, but with a 472 hemi under the hood didn't want to compromise in the cooling Dept.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Just fitted a Cold Case great fit all the bolts lined up & the old champion fan shroud bolt holes lined up as well needed a couple of spacers under the shroud

quapman

Reaction score
Big blocks should have upper neck on the pass side and lower neck on the driver's side unless you have a 73-later water pump housing, in which case the lower will bee on the pass. side.

Small blocks are the opposite.

gtx71

Reaction score
Just fitted a Cold Case great fit all the bolts lined up & the old champion fan shroud bolt holes lined up as well needed a couple of spacers under the shroud
How do you like the cold case radiator

gtx71

Reaction score
Thanks for the help at least i now know that i have 1973 and up water pump housing,
The reason i need a pass side inlet is because of my a.c. compressor

AUSTA

Reaction score
How do you like the cold case radiator
Sure beats the ill fitting Champion unit tanks appears to be a heavier gauge welds are great
CCaseSB.jpg

Back