• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for best place to buy a 727 TF and convertor for 1000+ hp Hemi build?

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations on a transmission shop to buy a 727 TF for the car I'm building. It's a large cube KB aluminum Hemi (1000HP+ Hemi) that will be driven on the street and well as the 1/4 mile so it's needs to be able to take a beating. I'll need a convertor also so any recommendations on that would be nice. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

pschlosser

Reaction score
I rebuilt my own 727 tranny using the B & M TransKit and it was hardish for me. I think harder than my first engine rebuild. I bumbled and had to pull the tranny to do it again to fix the clutch pack seal I nicked on reassembly.

The instructions on this kit are well done, and I recommend a quality set of snap ring pliers, not the use-once-and-throw-away ones from Harbor Freight.

Once complete, I was very pleased with the performance. Running off a 440-4 and factory stall torque convertor and 3.23 gears, it shifted good and hard, enough to make the tires chirp when shifting. I would do this again, if needed.

rogue

Reaction score
haven't bought a trans from A&A but plenty of parts... good service, very helpful

RICO

Reaction score
I have a 727 trans and converter that i had in my hemi 528 it's been rebuild and ready to go....let me know??? also have the rally hood

RICO

Reaction score
any questions you can call me 909-851-4046 mike

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have a Coan 727 w trans brake in my Challenger behind my 528" Hemi + on two additional nitrous fogger kits. I run a custom built PTC 9" 5600 nitrous converter also street driven and raced as well.

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I have a Coan 727 w trans brake in my Challenger behind my 528" Hemi + on two additional nitrous fogger kits. I run a custom built PTC 9" 5600 nitrous converter also street driven and raced as well.
Nice. It must be one tough tranny. I'll keep them in mind.

Back