• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for my old T/A

1lostcause

Reaction score
Looking for my old Challenger T/A. See my avatar. Last time I saw it it was sold from Gateway Classics in St. Louis sometime in the early/ mid 2000's and may have gone to Maine. It was red with black interior but originally it was a red/red car with vinyl top. Don't have the VIN. #'s matching engine but not the auto trans. Sold from McCarty Motors, Savannah, MO. Should have 95% of the original sheetmetal. When I bought it in 1985 ($2800!) it had been drag raced so there may still be evidence of frame ties, various holes in the rear floor boards and a poor patch in the floor where a 4 speed was. Should have build sheet.

img249.jpg

img250.jpg

img251.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Timothy
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
That was a nice looking TA Challenger
Good luck with finding your old car.
Just a thought; do you keep your old auto insurance or registration forms for your earlier cars? Those documents would have a serial number on them.
Dino2 (2).gif

1lostcause

Reaction score
Just looked an hour ago-nothing. I gave the build sheet to the next owner. More info... I sold it to the owner of the dealership I worked at, Keystone Chrysler Mission, KS. Even have a picture of it on the showroom floor. He sold it to a guy. The deal was the T/A and $25K for a Viper. Awhile later I saw it for sale in St. Louis Gateway Classics for $42K. My memory, probably wrong, is the last of the VIN was 723.

jeff968

Reaction score
Anything usual about it to set it apart from other T/As? Do you remember the build date? Something to narrow it down. Red is one of the more popular colors on T/As.

1lostcause

Reaction score
Sorry but I can't think of anything unusual other than what I mentioned in my first post. It didn't have a ralley dash and I added an idiot light for oil pressure since I darn near blew the motor when it sucked all the oil from the pan while drag racing it (it ran 13.8's back in the day, not bad for a nearly stock car). The door sticker showed 4-70 but that doesn't narrow it down much since the T/A's had such a short production run. If someone has done a proper restoration on it I'm sure a lot of the flaws I remember have been erased. I have to go to the DMV soon to register a new purchase so I'll check to see if they have any info.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Timothy
Nice of you to want to pass on pics and materials on your old TA to the current owner.
That was a nice looking TA.

Do you miss the car?
Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:
Back