1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for my old T/A

Mopar General Discussions

1. Timothy Mabry

Timothy Mabry New Member

Looking for my old Challenger T/A. See my avatar. Last time I saw it it was sold from Gateway Classics in St. Louis sometime in the early/ mid 2000's and may have gone to Maine. It was red with black interior but originally it was a red/red car with vinyl top. Don't have the VIN. #'s matching engine but not the auto trans. Sold from McCarty Motors, Savannah, MO. Should have 95% of the original sheetmetal. When I bought it in 1985 ($2800!) it had been drag raced so there may still be evidence of frame ties, various holes in the rear floor boards and a poor patch in the floor where a 4 speed was. Should have build sheet.

img249.jpg

img250.jpg

img251.jpg

2. 340challconvert

340challconvert Well-Known Member

Timothy
    :welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
    That was a nice looking TA Challenger
    Good luck with finding your old car.
    Just a thought; do you keep your old auto insurance or registration forms for your earlier cars? Those documents would have a serial number on them.
    Dino2 (2).gif

3. Timothy Mabry

Timothy Mabry New Member

Just looked an hour ago-nothing. I gave the build sheet to the next owner. More info... I sold it to the owner of the dealership I worked at, Keystone Chrysler Mission, KS. Even have a picture of it on the showroom floor. He sold it to a guy. The deal was the T/A and $25K for a Viper. Awhile later I saw it for sale in St. Louis Gateway Classics for $42K. My memory, probably wrong, is the last of the VIN was 723.

4. jeff968

jeff968 Well-Known Member

Anything usual about it to set it apart from other T/As? Do you remember the build date? Something to narrow it down. Red is one of the more popular colors on T/As.

5. Timothy Mabry

Timothy Mabry New Member

Sorry but I can't think of anything unusual other than what I mentioned in my first post. It didn't have a ralley dash and I added an idiot light for oil pressure since I darn near blew the motor when it sucked all the oil from the pan while drag racing it (it ran 13.8's back in the day, not bad for a nearly stock car). The door sticker showed 4-70 but that doesn't narrow it down much since the T/A's had such a short production run. If someone has done a proper restoration on it I'm sure a lot of the flaws I remember have been erased. I have to go to the DMV soon to register a new purchase so I'll check to see if they have any info.