1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

looking for some help wiring ignition on a 70 Challenger

Electrical and Ignition

1. dart 1968

dart 1968 Member

Looking for a wiring guide for a 70 Challenger with point ignition that looks similar to the attached image I found for a Dodge Dart. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated, I have the wiring schematics just need a guide at this point. Thank you.

71DartIgnitionWiring.jpg

2. moparleo

moparleo Well-Known Member

What else do you need ? If you want the same type of picture, it is that site's own illustration. AUTOREWIRE.COM Are you installing the column harness ? It is just plugged in. No schematic is required. What is the rest of this story ?
    And :welcome:. Check in at the welcome wagon and you can also check through the Tech forums for more help.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  3. dart 1968

dart 1968 Member

Sorry for the delay, I've been cruising around BBodies website more often. The original owner melted the wiring from the firewall to the engine, so I'm looking for a wiring guide for the alternator/starter/ignition column down but for a point ignition, can only seem to find guides on electronic ignition. Looks like automotiverewire.com is no longer operational unfortunately. Thanks for your time and welcoming me!

4. aussiemark

aussiemark Well-Known Member

Just buy a reproduction engine wiring harness and have a good look at the dash wiring harness that could have caused the melted wiring.