• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Low Volume on AM Radio

money pit

Reaction score
The volume on my AM radio in my 70 Barracuda is very low, with the volume at max. Does anyone know if this is repairable? Is it worth repairing? If it is worth repairing, does anyone know where I can get it repaired? Thanks.

Adam

Reaction score
I sent out my factory AM radio and had it converted to am/fm, plus an aux input (on the bottom). Still looks stock except a small red light in the tuner face when in FM mode. Plus a lot more power! Inside the case all the guts are removed and replaced with a unit about the size of a deck of cards.

money pit

Reaction score
I sent out my factory AM radio and had it converted to am/fm, plus an aux input (on the bottom). Still looks stock except a small red light in the tuner face when in FM mode. Plus a lot more power! Inside the case all the guts are removed and replaced with a unit about the size of a deck of cards.

[/URL]
I thought I read a threat about someone that did repairs and conversion on the old radios but he had passed away and his family were going to close the business. May be it was someone else. I know Classic industries sell a re-pop with the new features for about $700. Is that about the cost for a conversion? Thanks

Back