• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

measurements

a68postcar

Reaction score
hey everyone! i'm a longtime member of FABO and need some help. i'm putting a new radiator support in a 71 cuda and i need the height above the frame rail at the support, to the top of the support. thanks in advance, postcar.

a68postcar

Reaction score
thanks again robert! im probably just being lazy cause icould just fake it and, no one would know but me. but if i have the right height, it has enough tollerance in it to make up any adjustment i'll have to make on panel allignment. thanks again. postcar.

ramenth

Reaction score
Not a problem. When you get to building the car you're working on give us a build thread and lots of pics. It's always fun to watch your builds come together.

a68postcar

Reaction score
thanks burntorange. we have this one in the shop right now, and another coming soon that may be further gone than this one was.

a68postcar

Reaction score
yeah robert. we plan on it. we may not get as deep with the thread count, but we will post up some pics. if you could tho, i really need that height at the support. we are pretty sure that we have it close, but that number would do it! thanks again, postcar.

ramenth

Reaction score
This isn't what you're looking for?

20091019_89.JPG

If it's not, then I misread.

I measured this with a straight edge going down, laying across the cowl to the core support, after all the squares were taken. Both sides were 1' 3.5"

20091019_89.JPG

a68postcar

Reaction score
hey robert! we were just hoping to get it at both sides right at the support. these frame rails were bent up on one side and down on the other and no inner fenders were attached. we were hoping for a number right at the support without the tram. if we are within a 16th or so from yours, we will be ok i think! thanks again robert. postcar.

Back