• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Modern LED headlights

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I bet you only need 1 pair , the inner highbeams could be left alone , the single outer dual beams should provide plenty of light .

DrEamer

Reaction score
Those look like Hella brand housings, but I could be wrong about that. I have not priced them out in awhile, but I would think you could do a set for less, and be as good, if not better.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
At least they’re not those halo lights that seem to be catching on in some corners of the old car hobby. I can’t stand seeing those on an old car.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Definately not Hella , the rear is all a heat sink .
I also assumed $200 was for a pair !!

Yep, took the time to look them up, and not Hella. I would venture to say that Hella's optics are better though. Also, I took the time to look up cost on Hella housings since I was researching anyway, and their conversion housings run from $30-45 a piece depending on where you get them. LED's are starting at around $40 a pair up to $200. I just installed a midrange set in my 2000 Mustang, and will never go back to a halogen bulbs after seeing the difference.

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
I am/was planning to run Hella lenses with H4 and H1 Halogen but might go to LED conversion bulbs. I damn sure am not paying $200+ per light (need 4 for a 71 Charger).

Steve340

Reaction score
I bought a set of 4 Halogens sealed beam ones off a Corvette resto guy on EBAY for $34USD.
They would fit straight in to a Challenger mounting and plugs wise - but you would need to fit relays.
They look very much like the originals as well.