• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Performance engine manual

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Engine performance manual from MP ?
I need the page on the 340 cast crank engine balancing , I know the Damper is unique need a diagram of the weight on the TQ converter .
I have the book but my copy is 5000 miles away !
I know the 273 / 318 were all internal balanced with cast or forged crank .
I know the 340 forged was internal balanced.
I also know the 340 cast is external with unique weighting but I need the diagram for that .
I also know the 360 were all external balance but the LA & Magnum were weighted differently from each other & differently from the 340 .
Thanks for the help if you can scan the page from the performance manual !

tonysrt

Reaction score
I looked in the Engine & Chassis book and didn't find any drawings. They do list a package, P4120241, which has the weights and template to add to the Torque Converter. They do mention adding weight near the drain plug, but doesn't sound too precise that way.

NoCar340

Reaction score
The Engine Manual specifically refers you to the transmission section of the Chassis Manual, but my copy of the latter is missing and Tony couldn't find it, so... An eBay seller has the P4120241 package for sale with only the 340 weights and the diagram for $20. Alternately, you could use a B&M flexplate (#10235) that's balanced for a zero-balance converter with the cast 340.

I have the diagram for drilling the flywheel, but can find nothing on weighting the converter.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Thanks for looking , I do remember the engineering drawings but it may just be the flywheel mods , I thought it listed the weight needed , maybe not .

NoCar340

Reaction score
For whatever good it'll do, this is the flywheel diagram with the imbalance listed in "in-oz", a notation that would make my algebra teacher twitch:

340castbalance.jpg

Back