• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Performance Springs Sagging

Steve340

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if any of you have fitted the Mopar Performance rear springs and had them sag unacceptably.
I fitted the rear springs and they have sagged 1.5 inches and the car has not been driven yet.
It is now lower than when the 50 year old original springs were fitted.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I have heard about mopar performance springs sagging. Others have also complained.
ESPO has the best springs.

Adam

Reaction score
There are lots of complaints about the Mopar springs online; who knows where they are made, China, Mexico?

In my opinion, stock Challengers look like they sit low in the back. I used Espo +1 springs in the back and I have no complaints.
82814DA6-3469-4755-9B82-2EBA74B37E21.jpeg

Steve340

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. The springs had a tag on them made in Mexico I was not to worried by this as it was a Mopar Performance part and I thought it would be good.
Assuming the spring is made of good spring steel the may be over tempering them which leaves them to soft so they do not "spring back" they bend. The ones in my car have gone almost completely flat with just the weight of the car on them.
I watched a video on Youtube and the guy called it memory.
I am trying to get my money back from the supplier but whatever happens I need to change the rear springs again.

Steve340

Reaction score
Just had a phone call from the supplier and it is the second set of springs he has had complaints about.
He is going to give me my money back that is fine by me.

moparleo

Reaction score
The Challengers sat low in the rear when they were new. If you want a specific height, you need to order them from a manufacturer like Eaton, or Espo. In California I have a local mfg who has been in business here for over 40 years and they make custom springs or can re-arch your old springs for the cost of stock replacements.

Steve340

Reaction score
I agree with you and Adam, my car sat to low in the rear for me. I must admit I put a lot of that down to old springs. I am having the original springs re-arched at the moment and have gone up 1.5 inches. I assume it will settle a little.
I took the easy way out but it has backfired.
I have set the heights on the torsion bars to the factory spec as a reference point and with the sagged springs the back is much lower than the front if I measure up to the sill/rocker plates.
It has also sagged more on one side.
I like the front were it is so if I can get a little "rake" on the car I will be happy.
If I need to I will re-order from Espo or Eaton as you suggest.
I would not buy Mopar Performance rear springs again.

Rob C

Reaction score
@moparleo , Your darn right the cars sat low and IMO, to low for a good look, but it was what it was back then right?

Another vote here for the espo.com springs.
At a 1 inch over it will have a good hot rod rake and look. Not over bearing IMO. Very good ride. I always launched straight with them.

moparleo

Reaction score
:thumbsup: That is what is so great today about the aftermarket and all of the products now available. You can do it any way you want. The generation that was around (mine) back when the Mopar muscle cars were new had a little different perspective back than on what was cool like the stink bug look with Hi-jackers . Glass packs and traction bars.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I used the ESPO +2 on my TA the rear looked too high so had them re- arched down 1 inch they haven't moved in 2 years
My A66 with original springs sit's at 24 inches floor to bottom lip of rear quarter the TA 25.5 inches with half talk on gas

moparlee

Reaction score
Austa and Adam, I see that ESPO offers both standard and heavy duty springs. What did you guys use?

AUSTA

Reaction score
thought they were the HD dont have the original order dont know if it helps they are 6 pack the bottom has 1 short 1 side the other has the short but only half a spring 6 leafs in total

Avalanche

Reaction score
I personally like the stock ride height in back and lower the front so it has a slight rake.
I didn’t like how high the front was front stock.

Back