• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Power Steering Pump Identification Help

v8liveson

Reaction score
Hi all- I have a couple of Mopar power steering pumps that I was hoping someone could help me identify. These came with a couple of parts lots and I'm not even sure where to begin with figuring out what they are for. (The pump mounted on the engine: the engine is a 1970 318, but I noticed the ps pump reservoir cap is plastic, which I assumed to be later than 1970). I'm somewhat new to Mopars and still learning these little nuances. Thanks in advance!

PXL_20230219_230438992.jpg

PXL_20230219_230514230.jpg

moparmarks

Reaction score
Both have small block brackets and pulleys.
The one on the motor has the later reservoir and pulley. 73-up I think.
They are the same for A,B and E bodies.

TomIGo

Reaction score
Hey Moparmarks, Question for you to clarify for myself. The unit that is attached to the engine in the first pic above should use a different belt based on the pulley it has, correct? The belt that is hanging off the water pump doesn't appear to be correct for the PS pulley.

moparmarks

Reaction score
There are 2 belts. The fan and alternator belt uses the inner crank groove. The P/S belt uses the outer crank groove by itself. Hard to tell but I think that is the wrong water pump pulley for this setup. Also this setup is for non-a/c.

Last edited:

TomIGo

Reaction score
It appears that the front-most bracket on the pump with the factory cooler is a bit different. I assume that is due to the different pump, might be a TRW based on the descriptions in the pics above from RTA (looks like it has a hex-shaped hole when I zoom in)? Thank you all for the close-up shots and the diagram! This helps a lot!

Back