• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

MSD Tach Adapter and Stock Rally Tach

wedg2go

Reaction score
I have been putting this off and putting this off. Especially, since I am "Still" breaking in all the fresh rebuilt driveline and I really don't need to over-rev-it.

So does anyone on here run the entire MSD ignition system - including the tach adapter - and a stock rally dash setup (w/ tach)? If so...Which tach adapter are you running?

wedg2go

Reaction score
I am at a little disadvantage since I didn't do the build. I did sit down, this morning, and went thru all the documentation he handed me at the conclusion of the sale. I didn't find any invoice claiming where he bought the gauges and "Yes" they do look fresh. His itemized list did shows he installed rallye pack gauges. If they are new (updated electronics) or not I can't say?

During the tire kicking, he did mentioned the tach was off 600 rpms (found out after the purchase this problem is progressive as the revs go up). Claimed the problem was purchasing the wrong tach adapter from MSD (div). I'll give him credit for the possibility, but you may be right at suggesting, "Upgraded to electronic" as well.

Need to start somewhere and most definitely want to retain the tach in dash.

Back