• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need ‘70 TAIL PANEL AND BUMPER ASSEMBLY PICS!

ProHemi572

Reaction score
I’m converting my ‘73 to a ‘70 T/A tribute & need some PICS of what the whole tail panel, bumper assembly looks like for proper fit. I keep thinking I’m missing some parts that MAY HAVE BEEN ON the 70’s, that i may NOT have been on the 73-74’s.
Like, is there ‘steel‘ horiziontal piece that fits below the tail panel & goes between the ’plastic’ bumper filler piece? I’m stumped. Feels like something’s missing. THANKS in advance!!!

Rapidfire

Reaction score
There is a horizontal metal filler that runs under the tail panel on 70-72. 70-72 did not use a plastic bumper filler piece between the bumper and quarter panel.

ProHemi572

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Did it use the two side plastic filler pieces that my 73 had on it, or not that either?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
No plastic fillers were used on the 7O, just the bumper and was set in closer to the quarter panel. You might have to use 70 bumper brackets as well.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Rapidfire is correct. There is no filler on 70-72 Barracudas. You will need 70-72 rear bumper brackets. Also the front bumper brackets are different from 73-74. No fillers were used in 70-72 so you will need new front bumper brackets too.

mmissile

Reaction score
Bought new bumpers and brackets for my 74. Simple, with the right pieces.

cuda 72 rear bumper.jpg
cuda milan 8-31-19.jpg

AUSTA

Reaction score
The 70 Challenger had Fillers in the corners on the Front bumper not the rear not sure Cuda may be the same

ProHemi572

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!!!
I just ordered new front/rear 70 brackets from AMD, plus the metal rear tail filler horizontal piece. Should be here in a few days!
if the front needs plastic fillers in the corners for the 70, I’m assuming they are different from the 73…….makes sense to me. :eek:)

floyd

Reaction score
there are some subtle differences between the years for those rubber corner pieces. Early 70s were rubber only and had separate steel brackets that helped support them in place. Late 70-71s had embedded steel and they did away with the bracket. Later than 71 (not sure when) they had a similar rubber with embedded steel but with more rubber/steeper walls. ECS makes the early 70 brackets and I have an extra set to sell as well.

Cuda 440-6

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm actually in the same process of trying to fit a '72 Rear Bumper w/Jack Slots, using '70-'72 Rear Bumper Brackets, onto my '74 Cuda. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the Bumper to fit snugly up against the back of the quarter panels and also drop down low enough to close the gap with the Rear Valance. I'm about to try modifying the Brackets to get the Bumper to tuck in properly. The two quarters and the left rear frame rail extension were replaced but it appears like it's sitting correctly across the Rear Cross Member. I'm very curious how "mmissle" managed to make the modification set up work so simply. Based on the included pictures, can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Cuda Rear Bumper & Valance Pic #6.jpgAMD Barracuda '70-'72 Rear Bracket PN 970-1570-S Pic #8.jpgCuda Rear Bumper Left Gap Pic #4.jpgCuda Rear Bumper Left Gap Pic #6.jpg1974 Cuda in Primer.jpg

Back