• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need advice on getting my hood latch to work properly 1970 Challenger

jsandy

Reaction score
I bought a Dyancorn hood latch and bracket off of eBay, at the time i could not find an original used. I was able to get the brace/brackets to fit with a little massaging, but i can not get the latch assembly to work. I have twisted, adjusted and tweaked every which way i can. It just wont latch into it. Almost feels like it is coming up against something solid.
Any ideas?
I likely will start looking for a used set up again, if i cant get this to work out.
1970 Challenger

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I bought a Dyancorn hood latch and bracket off of eBay, at the time i could not find an original used. I was able to get the brace/brackets to fit with a little massaging, but i can not get the latch assembly to work. I have twisted, adjusted and tweaked every which way i can. It just wont latch into it. Almost feels like it is coming up against something solid.
Any ideas?
I likely will start looking for a used set up again, if i cant get this to work out.
1970 Challenger
Do you have a picture of the latch in place? It almost sounds like it's in a closed position - I have had that situation when trying to get it closed before...

Back