• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help with seat belt install

SFEbody

Reaction score
To my fellow E Body Friends, as I’m getting older and my memory is failing me I finally received a set of seatbelts for my 1970 Challenger and for the life of me I can’t remember how the seatbelt retractors mount for the front seats. If anybody has a couple photos it would be much appreciative thanks

John Rimel

Reaction score
To my fellow E Body Friends, as I’m getting older and my memory is failing me I finally received a set of seatbelts for my 1970 Challenger and for the life of me I can’t remember how the seatbelt retractors mount for the front seats. If anybody has a couple photos it would be much appreciative thanks
Picture of the retractor?

KMikk

Reaction score
I didn't think a 70 challengers had retractors from the factory.

Steve340

Reaction score
On my 1971 the retractor part mounts above the carpet to the floor pan near the door opening.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
All e bodies had retractors. 70 challengers had them mounted below the carpet with a cap over them. Not the greatest picture but this is what it should look like before the carpet is installed!

image.jpeg

SFEbody

Reaction score
Thanks Rapid, thats what I am looking for but I really cant make out what that photo shows but thank you. If anyone else has phopts of per install, install of retractor then carpet I would be grateful.

Rich G.

Reaction score
Don’t have a picture but basically you bolt the retractor down, put the big plastic cover over it, I think it is screwed down. Then the carpet goes over the cover. A little spray adhesive will mold the carpet over it and then a little plastic cover screws to the top of the retractor as the seat belt goes through making it nice and neat. They got rid of that cover after that and redesigned the seat belt to just go over the carpet.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Thanks Rich great explanation now I think I have a pretty good visual appreciate it stay safe!

Back