• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Needing help w/ booster / pedal assembly removal

Blake129

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to the forum and in the process of tearing down my 70 challenger for my build. I need some help with removal of the booster and the pedal assembly. - Side note: I have the dash fully out. - 1: is it possible to remove the booster without removing the full pedal assembly and brackets. 2: I am swapping from a manual transmission setup to a 727 for a racing application. Can the clutch pedal assembly be removed from the brake pedal assembly from inside the vehicle or does the whole assembly need to come out to separate the parts? Thanks in advance.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Hey Blake - Yes, the booster can be removed without taking the pedal assembly out. 4 nuts for the booster studs that go through the firewall and the large bolt and nut for the booster push rod. As for the clutch pedal, it possibly can be removed separate from the brake pedal assembly but consider that the pivot bolt slides through the clutch AND brake pedals so it is quite long. It will slide out to the right. Removing this will essentially allow the brake pedal to come out as well. Since the dash is already out (and you will also have the booster out), I would recommend just pulling the entire pedal assembly. It is very easy and with it on the bench, it becomes much easier to replace the bushings for both the brake and clutch pedals.

booster.jpg

Blake129

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I managed to get the booster and pedal assembly out. I looked to the service manual, but found myself in a predicament. It called for the booster pushrod to be disconnected. However, the bolt that holds this in slides out to the left, which there was not enough clearance for before hitting the pedal assembly bracket. So I ended up having to disassemble the whole setup a bit more than expected to pull it all out.

Is there a replacement (shorter) pivot bolt out there that I could use once I pull the clutch pedal from the assembly?

Back