• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from Europe

JurgenS

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jurgen and I live in Belgium. I recently joined the Mopar family with purchasing a 1973 Barracuda, it's my first Mopar. It is completely stock and has a 318 and auto trans.

It was recently restored by the previous owner, he used to have a body shop close to Atlanta but retired and lost interest in cars. I bought it in September and got it at home about 4 weeks ago. Still can't drive it because it hasn't been registered yet. I need to make some modification before I can drive it.

I have bought a Wilwood big brake kit for all 4 corners and a hydratech setup. Also waiting for the delivery of a 440source stroker kit.

Not so sure about the vinyal top, I was considering of removing it...
IMG_20181106_152412.jpg
IMG_20181106_153539.jpg

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Hello Jürgen

Congratulations with your beautiful Barracuda, and welcome to F.E.B.O.

If I were you, I would keep it as stock as possible, including the engine.. or at least, drive it a while ( a few seasons), before you decide what to do with it.

As ppl say, "It's only original once", and besides that, the 318 makes it SO much more fuel efficient, and as such, much more "economy friendly". As stock, you will go more places, more meets, longer cruises = you see more stuff.

If you put up some more pictures, I will post some of mine too.. I just got "Cuda-fied" a few weeks ago ;-)

EDIT: I am putting up a few photos in a new "members garage".. but I only have a few pics so far.. and not very good ones either!

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard nice looking barracuda :thumbsup: Unless there’s rot under the top I would keep it. it is your car though so do what you want with it, you have to be happy

340challconvert

Reaction score
Jürgen
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
That is one nice Cuda you have there!
Blue and white is a nice color combination.
There are a lot of GREAT Mopar people here. Glad you joined up and welcome.
Dino2 (1).gif

DocCuda

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jurgen and I live in Belgium. I recently joined the Mopar family with purchasing a 1973 Barracuda, it's my first Mopar. It is completely stock and has a 318 and auto trans.

It was recently restored by the previous owner, he used to have a body shop close to Atlanta but retired and lost interest in cars. I bought it in September and got it at home about 4 weeks ago. Still can't drive it because it hasn't been registered yet. I need to make some modification before I can drive it.

I have bought a Wilwood big brake kit for all 4 corners and a hydratech setup. Also waiting for the delivery of a 440source stroker kit.

Not so sure about the vinyal top, I was considering of removing it...View attachment 54842 View attachment 54843

moparlee

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard from Michigan, USA.

You have a great looking Barracuda. I like the blue and white color combination.

Back