• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy from Central MA

burncoat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hello from Massachusetts and glad to be part of the forum. I've been building a 71 challenger that is sort of a resto-mod project that me and my son started about 12 years ago. The car is painted now and runs and drives but our struggles have been that I didn't do a good enough job during disassembly and inventorying parts lacked a little. I am going to find the correct forum here where I look for parts as I am missing a few window guide/track bolts. Anyone know of any good instructions/videos for putting the windows back in and adjusting them?

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Lots of knowledge here - just ask us.

A good source for the hardware you are missing is R/T Specialties R/T Specialties - Mopar Fasteners, Clips&Hardware

As for the procedure on window installation and adjustment, start with a factory Service Manual to at least see the break-down of the parts so you know where they go. The manual also does provide instructions on assembly and a basic sequence to get the windows adjusted. Window adjustment in an E-body can be tricky but certainly not rocket science. I have spent many hours working with mine and am still tweaking.

Good luck and please post some pics of your car or the members will get restless. Nice that you and your son can share the project!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
welcome - FEBO.gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Lots of knowledge here to help you get your Challenger put together. BTW, we are still waiting for pictures.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
Good Mopar people here.
Looking foward to seeing some pics of your 71.
Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:

burncoat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hello from Massachusetts and glad to be part of the forum. I've been building a 71 challenger that is sort of a resto-mod project that me and my son started about 12 years ago. The car is painted now and runs and drives but our struggles have been that I didn't do a good enough job during disassembly and inventorying parts lacked a little. I am going to find the correct forum here where I look for parts as I am missing a few window guide/track bolts. Anyone know of any good instructions/videos for putting the windows back in and adjusting them?
71-3.jpeg
71-1.jpg
71-2.jpg

burncoat

Reaction score
Her are a couple of pics of my car. This shows it after it was wet sanded but not buffed yet. I also added a before and after photo. The car started life as a white 318 car and now wears coats of 2011 green with envy paint and has a 493 stroker motor mated to a Keisler 5-speed tranny.

Back