• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy from STL

Moparmojo

Reaction score
C3E8C204-0A60-46E1-87A5-4801A90D4EF4.jpeg
just wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I’m a member of several other Mopar related sites and just discovered this group recently. Currently working to get my 70 Challenger convertible back on the road and can use all the support and knowledge I can get. See I am an expert at knowing a lot about nothing. So I’m here to learn as much as I can. My car turns 50 next year and it will be my 25th year owning it, so I figured I better get off my butt and try to get it done. Used to be my daily driver back in the 90s until some kid ram into me.

The car has had new sheet metal done and looking to get the body and paint work started soon. My motivation is high but my wallet isn’t! But it will get finished one way or the other. I appreciate any experience and patience you can spare to help me get to the finish line and to support the hobby.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
How about some more details on your vert?

Moparmojo

Reaction score
5DFBFD1C-027A-4C46-B4A1-FC3CC17376BE.jpeg
Originally a 318 convertible, but was changed over to a 440 before I got it. No broadcast sheet or fender tag
, but I believe the original color was red. When I first got the car in the 90s I had the 440 rebuilt and went about making it road worthy. Drove it everywhere and even made it to the Mopar Nationals the week after we got it back together. It got 17 mpg with the 2.76s I had in the rear. Fun car very far from perfect. Couple years later a kid with a freshly minted drivers license hit me in a parking lot and not too many months later I floated a valve on a 4hr Smokey and the Bandit run from the lake. I parked it and started driving my 78 LRE full time until I tragically wrecked it. Urge, I should stop driving. Anyway, rebuilt the motor as a 500” stroker, Edelbrock heads Voodoo cam ect. Working on converting the car to a Rallye dash, shaker, and 4 speed. Big hill to climb.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. You are going to have a sweet Challenger when done:thumbsup:. Several members here have verts that they are working on or are done and driving.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Moparmojo
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Glad you joined up.
I have a y1 Challenger convertible A 66 car that also looks like yours. Doubleyellow also has a great looking Y1 Challenger RT vert. A lot of nice Y1 Challengers out there.
Dino2 (1).gif

Back