• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member-1970 Cuda Project

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm new here.
It is exiting to arrive here. The Cuda had been my imposible dream car since I saw Nash Bridges back in the late nineties... At one point I even walked by where they were filming a scene in San Francisco. They had, on a trailer, 2 identical Yellow Convertibles with white interior...
At any rate, in December 2017, I was able to afford and bought a yellow 1970 Cuda that was undergoing a major restoration!!!
Now I find myself still working on that baby.
I will attach a couple of pics of how it looks right now
AMDIS Cut 1.jpg
AMDIS Cut 1.jpg
AMDIS Cut 2.jpg
AMDIS Cut 2.jpg
, but basically, I will be looking for parts. I hope to make this a fun project.
Regards to all of you.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard, HOLY SMOKES the the Cuda is missing!!! Good news is I don’t see any rust on the lower half .LOL good luck with the resurrection :thumbsup:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome from mid Michigan. I would have to agree with that being a "major restoration" and you will be looking for a lot of parts by the looks of it. Hopefully you have got some good reference points there for re-assembly.

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Thank you guys!
Well, I live in the San Francisco Bay area. The car is in Georgia. I sent it to the AMD Installation Center; after research after research, I chose to send it there because They said they will put all new frame pieces and new sheet metal. And their videos looked great.
I also found, and consulted with several great body workers, but at the end, with the work my 'Cuda needed, it was going to be more expensive. I hope I made a good choice.
I am not a mechanic or a technician. I just love the way this car looks. I have about 85% of the components. No original engine nor transmission, though. Whatever I can install myself, I will do it, for the complicated parts, I will go to a technician.
This is how I bought it.

My Cuda-Shell-On the field 7 copy.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Not too far at all. Those look great.

But,, WOW! That car was taken down to it. Being in AMD's hands I wouldn't worry about it getting done!
At least it almost already looked like that when you purchased it. Does the car retain a fender tag? Was it originally yellow?

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Not too far at all. Those look great.

But,, WOW! That car was taken down to it. Being in AMD's hands I wouldn't worry about it getting done!
At least it almost already looked like that when you purchased it. Does the car retain a fender tag? Was it originally yellow?

Cuda Hunter, Yes, I didn't have to take it apart myself, so that was a bonus.
No fender tag, so not sure if yellow was the original color.

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
:usflag: aboard. Any info on what the car was originally ? Hopefully not a Slant six car.
Thanks Mopar Leo!
No fender tag, but according to the VIN it was a 340 'Cuda. The VIN matched the # on the upper cowl panel...

aussiemark

Reaction score
If you study fender tags off similar cars and checked out the car before it was disassembled you may be able to have a reproduction fender tag made for the car. Maybe just keep it basic and get the options you are quite sure the car came with, at least you have the VIN you can always get the door sticker and fender tag made a car like this with an owner like you deserves to have a fender tag even if it isn't the one it was born with.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Jorge :welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
That is quite the Cuda project.
AMD will do a good job.
You are saving another piece of Mopar History!
Good people here who are always willing to help.
Dino2 (1).gif

Rich G.

Reaction score
Welcome, you have some project going there!!! If you need help you’re at the right place. That’s really building a car from nothing. I’ve always wondered and if you don’t mind me asking what does AMD charge to put all the metal on? I’m assuming there doing everything from the roof down to the floors and firewall. Good luck!!

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
If you study fender tags off similar cars and checked out the car before it was disassembled you may be able to have a reproduction fender tag made for the car. Maybe just keep it basic and get the options you are quite sure the car came with, at least you have the VIN you can always get the door sticker and fender tag made a car like this with an owner like you deserves to have a fender tag even if it isn't the one it was born with.

Hello aussiemark! Yes, I heard that it is possible to have a fender tag made. Unfortunately I did not see it before it was disassembled. I appreciate your advise. Where do you recommend to go get the fender tag, and the door sticker made?

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Jorge :welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
That is quite the Cuda project.
AMD will do a good job.
You are saving another piece of Mopar History!
Good people here who are always willing to help.
View attachment 61201

Thank you, 340...! Sometimes I get overwhelmed and concerned when I realize what I got myself into... A lot of work and money! but I feel relief seeing good people here supporting with their comments and recommendations.

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Welcome, you have some project going there!!! If you need help you’re at the right place. That’s really building a car from nothing. I’ve always wondered and if you don’t mind me asking what does AMD charge to put all the metal on? I’m assuming there doing everything from the roof down to the floors and firewall. Good luck!!
Oh man! I feel bad even telling my friends. It will be around 30K. I'm happy with AMD, just concerned with the expense.

Back