• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member Doing a V Code 70 Challenger R/T

Dana Prosky

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Being new to the site, I'll be asking questions and asking for help on restoring me 70 Challenger R/T. I got the car 10 years ago and it sat in a body shop stripped down to the bare shell till about 6 months ago when the body shop finally finished the car. Now it's up to me to put it back together. The 440 Six Pack motor was overhauled 10 years ago and it is pretty much ready to go, I'm getting the K Frame ready to put the motor on it. It is not the original engine for the car, but it is a late 69 440 HP block dated 12-10-69. The car was built in November 1969. I want to make the car a 4 speed, originally it was an automatic. It also has a Dana 4.10 axle that was in the car. The car was Plum Crazy but I painted it the original color which was Hemi Orange. It has a black bucket seat with console interior. I also bought a complete Gardner Exhaust System for the car and it is still in the boxes. Thanks for listening guys, if you got any ideas or pointers for me, shoot me an email through the forum. Thanks

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Dana , Can’t wait to see pictures. Start a restoration thread with what you started with.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I’m really glad you’re going back to the original color.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Dana
:welcome: To FEBO from New Jersey
Looking forward to seeing some pics
Sounds like a great project; 6 Pak Challengers are beasts (owned one w a shaker/ 4:10 Dana way back in the day)
Can’t wait to see what u do with yours!

Knock Out

Reaction score
welcome
pics would be great
great car to build
don't know how far along you are but subframe connectors are not a bad idea with all that power

Dana Prosky

Reaction score
IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome the site from mid Michigan. Challenger is looking real good. I bet you are just stoked to finally being able to put the car back together.

Dana Prosky

Reaction score
Working on getting the K frame painted and getting the motor bolted to the K frame. Then getting the motor and K frame bolted to the front frame section. Then we will start rolling and getting the rest of the suspension and drivetrain completed. A local guy has a complete 4 speed setup, I have to talk to him to make sure it is from an E Body, if so, it's going in this car.

Dana Prosky

Reaction score
Question I have is about the color of the upper and lower control arms, a restoration guide I read said that a satin black or a natural silver grey finish are both correct. How can that be? Do different assembly plants paint them differently, are 1970 models different from 1971 models? What is right?

340challconvert

Reaction score
From my notes; Front suspension colors are as follows(E body):

Lower control arms - Natural with a Cosmoline coating. About 90% of these arms had this coating and the other 10% or so where painted black.

Upper control arm - Natural

This is the way my 70 Challenger Hamtramck built car was made. Hope it helps
Dino2 (1).gif

Back