• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member here looking for guidance on my 1970 Cuda

azfrench

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I bought a 70 Cuda from the original owner last year. He did nothing to it since he bought it and is all original. With that said it is all numbers matching and I mean all! My dilemma is I want to build this car the way I want but still keep everything to put back to bone stock. Is a 70 BS Cuda 383, hurst 4 speed, AC car so collectible that I should not mess with it? If so, then I will find another to build the way I want. I have seen others with BS Cuda's modified. Thoughts??? I will post a pic of the car shortly.

Rick

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Sounds like a great find !
Ultimately it is your car to do what you want with .
Can't be many left in the condition your is in tho , you could resell it & to purchase a less original car to play with .
Your call .

fasjac

Reaction score
I’d keep it all original just like the factory made it. They are so hard to find. Get a project if you can , to modify....JMO

340challconvert

Reaction score
az
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
As always it is your car and you do as you want;
But it is original only once. I would personally clean it up and repair if needed and enjoy it.
That kind of originality adds extra value; especially for collectors should you choose to sell down the road. Clean, one owner e bodies are hard to find! JMO

Last edited:

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
As said by others … its only original once and, I say keep it that away but, in the end it is yours to do with what you want.
Also nice find, just my 2 cents.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
An original car is harder to find than any other form of cuda.
That being said, alot depends upon what shape the car is in.
Is there a lot of rust on the bottom? Any repaints? Any dents that have been fixed?
What's the fender tag readout?
Is there a build sheet?

I would suspect you could indeed sell it for more than you could buy a car to make a pro mod out of.

If your doing a custom type build then a car with no fender tag or build sheet is truly the appropriate car to do this to.
However, you spent the money so you can do what you will with the car.

Only original once. Use only NOS parts to fix what's wrong with it now. Do little to nothing to change what it is.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Finding an unmolested, all numbers matching, big block, 4 speed, factory air, BS car, is the stuff that dreams are made of. If it is really not your dream, then let it be someone else's. This coming from a restomod guy. Simple things like wheels and tires, sure, but that is about the only custom things I would ever do to something like your car unless the factory parts were unsafe.

70chall440

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I would build it as I wanted it to be. Keep everything you take off and think through any additions to minimize the alterations to the car if you are worried about it. I personally would not want a car that I did not personalize and make it the way I envisioned it.

azfrench

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have decided to keep it all stock and find a project car to put my big motor in. I had a picture up but It went away somehow. I will post more pics in a few. Thank you for all your input.

Rick

azfrench

Reaction score
Here are some pics.
7051CC85-A4BD-451A-BA6F-80077C3F7684.jpeg7051CC85-A4BD-451A-BA6F-80077C3F7684.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Ew1 with hockey stripes and a front rubber bumper!
That's awesome!!!

383 !!
Looks like it originally came with the v5x on the sides and they were removed. And a good door ding from where the v5x would have saved the ding.
Road lights!

That's a cool ride!!

azfrench

Reaction score
The only thing I think he did was to add the oil pressure gauge and the RPM gauge. Nothing else has been touched.

Rick

azfrench

Reaction score
Yes..I have them but not on the car. Oh...I think the intake is not original too but not 100% sure about that.

Rick

Back