• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member -Nervouswrecks

nervouswrecks

Reaction score
I am not active in any automotive group, but do have a '70 E body, which over the last 25 years I have 'tuned up.' As part of inevitable deterioration, I've nowhave a low voltage situation which, has forced me to reach out and learn more about the sequence of electrical events that results in sufficient spark to start my car. For me my car represents an isolated monument of nostalgia, reflecting longed-for and lost era, which is being chipped away by new technology and changing values. But by 1970, the advertising itself had moved from 1965's simple rustic love, to a 1969 Hurst ad, that distorted the car as 'Snarls Softly and Carries a Big Stick.' In terms of Biblical interpretation, it was 70 AD, when Jerusalem was invaded, and I'm an exile coming back to a world fundamentally different.

Adam

Reaction score
Good time to upgrade, if you haven’t already; 70 had points, 71 and up had electronic ignition.
What engine do you have?

nervouswrecks

Reaction score
Good time to upgrade, if you haven’t already; 70 had points, 71 and up had electronic ignition.
What engine do you have?
I desire to keep my car stock. I like the sense of continuity I get with points. My car is supposed to be a bench seat, column automatic Hemi, but Chrysler does not know how many were made, and my car does not have its original engine, although the block casting date is several weeks before my Vin #'s manufacturing date.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Looking forward to some photos.

budascuda

Reaction score
Hallelujah brother!
You speak my tongue.....
Welcome to our sites from Vancouver,

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Most common problem on 60-70's Mopars is electrical. Mostly bad grounds. A great practice is to eliminate all sorts of gremlins including ignition is to start at the front and work your way all the way back. Disconnect and clean, with contact cleaner and a small s/s wire brush all connections and ground connections. Coat all connections with dielectric grease before reconnecting. This will seal our moisture and air. That is what causes the "oxidation/corrosion ".
Next here is an old article on common hard/no start issues to check
Have

Attachments

• ROAD SIDE TROUBLE SHOOTIMG GUIDE 1.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
This may be a good time to download the free wire diagrams for your car;
Wiring – MyMopar

and also a good time to catch up on the "Doctrine of Flux and the Unity of Opposites" written by the ancient philosopher Heraclitus of Epheusus. He took the idea of constant change and the dichotomies of life to a new level!

budascuda

Reaction score
The doctrine could actually be the first coherent treaty on Thermodynamics, (and just as contradictory lol) .
Purely academic, but it will expand one's horizons.....

Back