• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member with a 72 Challenger

jimmy guacamole

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Thanks for the add. I have a 72 Challenger 340 4 speed car. I started this project over 15 yrs ago. I bought the car and planned a basic repaint, but decided to do a full restoration. I stripped the car and had bodywork done and put in primer at a local shop. I'm at a point where I need to finish it, or part ways and sell it. If I decide to keep I'll definitely be needing your advice on putting it back together. Anyone on here interested in a project car? I'm located in Southern Indiana.

20191227_085502.jpg

20191227_085441.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Jimmy, what shape is the interior, dash, drive train? Any other body mods ? Price?

jimmy guacamole

Reaction score
Thanks rbbruno3. The interior is currently out but all there when I started. It was in good shape. Especially dash and console. Seats needed redone. Motor ran good. I was told was built but no proof. It had a 3 speed manual in it when I got it but tag shows original 4 speed, so I bought a new one for it but never installed. I did shave the door handles, but used a different set I bought. I do have the original doors. As far as price goes I have no idea what a project car goes for. The numbers seem everywhere. I posted in the for sale forum for $12k obo just to put a number on it. Thanks

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Jimmy from Michigan. I posted some similar comments in your other post as rbbruno3 did here.

jimmy guacamole

Reaction score
jimmy
Glad you decided to keep it! :thumbsup:

View attachment 68295
I would have regretted it. I now need to finish what I started. I will be leaning on this group while finishing this project. I was actually reading some of your old post this morning on undercarriage paint, as that is my next step, removing the yellow paint on the undercarriage. Seems like you were satisfied with the Eastwood products?

Back