• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Plum Crazy Challenger Owner

v8liveson

Reaction score
Thanks for the add- and hello from Wisconsin! I've been visiting the site for about a year but finally joined up. We brought home a 1970 Plum Crazy Challenger last year that needs to be assembled, including driveline. It's definitely a project, but my wife has wanted one for 20 years, and this is how we were able to make it happen. The site is a great resource, and I'm looking forward to learning more from others.

PXL_20220319_001718483.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
You are well on your way with having your wife onboard. :thumbsup:

What's the GM car under the cover?:)

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Very nice looking Challenger
Magnum R/T wheels. The bolt patterns are close but you will likely have vibration problems as they are off .7 mm from each other and the lug nut which must have a large conical 60° bulge seat.
The Magnum wheels bolt hole is for a 14mm( 9/16") stud as opposed to the factory 1/2"(12mm) stud on the Challenger.
"Close but no cigar" Ok as rollers around the shop.
Get yourself a few of these if you haven't done it yet. Lots of great info on your reassembly.
MMC Detroit

Last edited:

v8liveson

Reaction score
Thanks all. Your guesses were close- the covered car is a 1967 Chevelle. I've been a GM guy for much of my life, but certainly appreciate any cool car (like a plum crazy Challenger!). Classic cars are almost as bad as a drug addiction...

The magnum wheels are just rollers for now. I was planning to run them, but once I got them on the car, they are too big for my liking. And then I learned about the bolt pattern issue too. So they will get replaced when the time comes.

IMG_20190927_134612.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
15 X 8" Corvette Ralleys on the rear on the rear, 15 X 7" Monte Carlo on front is the set-up I had on my wife's 67.
Her dream car in High school was a 67 Chevelle Malibu, SS 396, bucket seats.
Ended up with a 67 Malibu with a 6 cylinder, bench, 3 on the tree...but still looked good.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert. My wife had a 69 Chevelle Malibu when I met her. Seems like I was always fixing something on that dang car! Usually while she was tooling around in my 70 Challenger! So it was real easy to convert the wife to Mopars.

Back