• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Poly-glass arrived today !!

reborn73

Reaction score
tire.JPGtires.JPGtire label.JPG

Can't wait to get them mounted !!

Got them from Rusty in Missouri, great guy to do business with.

tire.JPG

tires.JPG

tire label.JPG

Last edited:

reborn73

Reaction score
I plan on driving the *&^%% out of it. Well, not really but it is not going to be a show car.

nakabrd

Reaction score
I'm with Leo. Worst ride ever. I had a set on my '71 RR. They looked great but caught every cut in the road and cornered terribly. Took me back to the '70's. Also had to put the car on jack stands if I didn't drive it for a while. Bias ply get flat spots if not driven. They looked great though.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Let's hope he knew that going in. I know a couple of guys who refuse to put anything else on their classics because they want the WHOLE experience of these cars from back in the day. My Imperial came new with triple stripe whitewalls that would look killer on it but I just couldn't see dropping that kind of coin and actually losing driveability.

reborn73

Reaction score
Yea, I knew the ride would be crap. That is the tire that was on it when I bought it back in '79. They didn't last long and I switched to radials back then. I remember buying a set of JC Penny radial for $220 mounted and balanced and lasting about six months. I had a very heavy foot and like to see the smoke :nono:

Now that I have it back, it may be driven but not abused !

Joe mama

Reaction score
Check the date code on the back side of the tires. I didn't check the dates on mine until they started coming apart. 4 of 5 came apart. My were 12 years old when I got them! Here a example of one of the tires.

CIMG1137.JPG

Joe mama

Reaction score
These tires that he purchased are new reproductions, yes?
The tires that came apart on me were supose to be new reproductions. The production dates were from 1997. The warranty replacements were both 1997 and 2007.

reborn73

Reaction score
IMG_1755.jpg

This is what I think is the production info. from the sidewall. There were supposedly made in June of this year.

IMG_1755.jpg

Back