• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to FEBO over from FBBO

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hey all, I love mopars and the b-body site and I am sure I will love this site too. I am restoring a `68 Road runner now but I just bought a `70 Challenger off Craigslist yesterday, a deal I couldn't pass up. Trying to decide if I want to part it out, sell it as a project or stash it away as a future project for myself. I have a question for all you die hard e-body folks for starters. It is a 340 car, JH23, so I am aware that it is not an R/T, however there is an R/T badge on the grill and this car has been sitting a long time. I believe it was parked after a fender bender and it is still wearing a set of polyglass tires and the odometer reads just under 60,000 miles. The grill is kind of messed up from the accident so it's not like it's been replaced with an R/T unit unless something happened before that, which I know is entirely possible. Nicely optioned car ordered with the bumblebee stripe. Would this car have come from the factory with R/T badging even though it's not? or did the dealer install this or was it just whoever bought it?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Matt

burntorange70

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Should be JS if it was a R/T car. I would say some one wanted there car to be an R/T so they put them on there. That happens a lot.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Should be JS if it was a R/T car. I would say some one wanted there car to be an R/T so they put them on there. That happens a lot.
Thanks burntorange70, a little irony, the car is FK5 with a matching interior.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Right on that is cool! Now you cant part it out, I wont let you;). Got any pics of it? I would love to see it.
Sure, but just remember I bought it as a "parts car" and I would classify it somewhere between a rustbucket and a basket case. I took the pictures before I made the deal.

IMG_3403_3.jpg

IMG_3402_1.JPG

IMG_3407_6.jpg

IMG_3405_5.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks for your input on this, still haven't been able to go pick it up from where I bought it, hopefully this weekend. Still not sure what to do with it, certainly depends on just how bad of shape it really is. Than again, these days just about everything is being repopped for these. What would you do? #'s mathing 340, automatic, console, with nice broadcast sheet, clear title and a fender tag attached but rusted beyond recognition.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Get her home and get a good look at her. Get lots of pics for us here to. I have seen some E bodies that have had allmost all of the panels replaced and the floor, frame, trunk floor, inner wheel houses..... and it was only a 318 car! There geting hard to find so people are taking what ever they can get any more. But then again it could be be a parts car. Its hard to say.

Back